The write off routine is quick and simple to use in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015.
- Choose Sales > Routines > Write Off Documents
- This will open the Write Off Documents window.
- Make the following selections:
- Writeoff Type: Underpayments
- Choose between One Writeoff per: Customer or Document
- Enter the Writeoff Limit to consider
- Enter the Cut-off Date to be included in the writeoff routine
- Enter the range of customers to be included
- If you are using national accounts, then choose to include the parent or child company of a national account as the customer on the debit memo.
- Select Preview:
- Mark the customers to include in the writeoff process.
- To view the documents associated with the Writeoff Amount – select the amount link in the Writeoff Amount column.
- To print the Writeoff Documents Preview Report (this shows the documents and amounts that will be written off) Select File > Print
- Select OK.
- Select Process to complete the writeoff process and close the window.
- Credit Memos will be created and amounts should be posted to the correct writeoff accounts that have been setup.
Want to learn more on “How To” use your existing modules for GP or other solutions? Contact KTL Solutions today to get in touch with a consultant! Call 301.360.0001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cathy Goetz | Business Software Consultant
Cathy is responsible for supporting clients with their Microsoft Dynamics GP solutions. From the beginning, she helps her clients determine the scope of their project and provides software demonstrations. Her expertise in gathering requirements will produce a carefully planned system for successful implementation and configuration.
Cathy holds a Bachelor of Arts in English and Elementary Education from Jamestown College in Jamestown, ND. Cathy has over 28 years and a wide range of industry experience in Agriculture, Retail Logistics, Construction, Contracting, Education, Finance, Food, Gaming, Real Estate, Property Management, Legal, Government and Nonprofit. Her roles included management positions, database analyst, application developer, software consultant and trainer, business owner, founder, teacher, and senior accountant. She has been involved with several ERP implementation projects, including Dynamics GP. Her specialties include data migration, Microsoft Access application development, data integration, data cleansing, database normalizing, and developing relational databases from legacy systems. She is highly skilled in report writing, documentation, developing training materials, and presentations. Cathy is certified as a Microsoft Certified Master Instructor for Microsoft Office and has recently completed an accounting program at Frederick Community College. She is currently preparing for the CPA examination.