In order to build reports and integrations for Microsoft Dynamics GP, an understanding of the database tables and fields are essential. Table and field information in Microsoft Dynamics GP is readily accessible and built into the software. To locate the tables and fields:
· Select Microsoft Dynamics GP – Tools – Resource Descriptions – Tables
· Select the button
· Choose the product (Microsoft Dynamics, field service, etc.)
· Choose the series (Financial, sales, purchasing, inventory, payroll, etc.)
· Choose to View by “Table Physical Name.” This will sort the tables by the table name in the SQL database. The first alpha characters depict the module followed by a numeric code identifying the table’s function. Read through the entries to find the table that you are looking for.
· Once the table has been located, the user can select the table and click on the “OK” button.
· The table definition appears with a list of fields in the table along with the data type.
· Click on the “Usage” button to view the forms and reports that utilize this table.
· Click “Close” to exit the “Table Usage” screen.
· Click on the field and then click the “Field Info” button to view field details.