In part 1 – We went thru the Steps to setup the Company EFT Information. In part 2 – We went thru the Steps to setup the Employee as a Vendor and the Steps to setup the Employee Bank / EFT Information. In part 3 – We went thru the Steps to Generate an EFT PreNote File to send to the Bank and the Steps to Enter the Employee Expenses. In this Section we will go thru the Steps to pay the Employee Expenses via EFT and send the File to the Bank.
Select Vouchers for Payment of Employee Expenses
Now we are ready to Pay the Employees via EFT.
- Go To >> Purchasing >> Transactions >> Select Checks
- Create a Check Batch – be sure to select EFT and the correct Bank Account. Selecting EFT is very important – if this is not selected checks will be created.
- Click Save – this will return you to the Select Payables Check Window
- Notice that the Checkbook ID and the Currency ID are Auto-Populated from the Batch Window
- Select – From the Drop Down List select Class ID
- Select the Class that was Setup for Employee Expenses – EMPEXP
- Click Insert
- One Check per – Select Vendor
- Automatically Apply Existing Unapplied – Uncheck all three boxes
- Apply Date – Defaults in Current Date – May Change Date if Necessay
- Click Build Batch – Notice that Once the Batch is Built – the Batch Total Changes
- Click Edit Check Batch – this Opens the Edit Payables Check Batch Window
- Use the Left Side of this Window to Verify that the Vendors Selected are the ones that you want to Pay via EFT
- Use the Right Side of this Window to Verify that the Invoices Selected for the Vendor are the ones that you want to Pay via EFT
- Once you have Verified the Vendors and Invoices – Click the Process Button
- This Opens the Print Payables Checks Window
- Notice that Batch ID / Checkbook ID / Batch Total / Currency ID are all Auto-Populated from the Check Batch Screen. Verify that the Check Date / GL Posting Date are Correct.
- Click Process. Several Windows will appear / disappear while the file is processing. When the File is done Processing the Process Payables Remittance Window will Open. Click Remittance Form.
- Click Process. Print the Remittance Forms that are Generated.
- Once the Remittance Forms are printed and verified – you are returned to the Process Payables Remittance Window. Click Post. Click Process. Print or Save the Posting Reports that are Generated.
- Generate the EFT File
- Go To Purchasing >> Transactions >> Generate EFT File. This Opens the Generate EFT Files Window.
- Checkbook ID – Select the Checkbook from the List of Checkbooks. This will Populate the Batch ID’s available for selection.
- Check the Batch or Batches to include in the EFT File. Click Generate EFT File. You will receive the following Message once the File is Processed.
Go to the Location where the File was Generated. Transmit the File via the Transmission File Method that the Bank has given you.
Tricia Chase | Senior Business Software Consultant
As a Senior Business Consultant, Tricia has performed various roles for customers including conducting design sessions, integrating data, training GP and 3rd Party modules, troubleshooting data issues, and acting as interim controller. Tricia has over 20 years of experience as an accountant and over 15 years of experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP usually working with the Accounting / Finance Teams or the HR / Payroll Teams. Prior to KTL, Tricia worked for various partners and as an Independent Consultant. She has worked with various industries including: Construction, Trucking, Health Care, and State Government. Tricia holds a B.S. in Accounting from St. Mary of the Plains College in Dodge City, Kansas.