In part 1 – We went thru the steps to setup the Company EFT Information. In this Section we will go thru the steps to setup the Employee as a Vendor and to setup the EFT Information for that Vendor.
Step One – Create a Vendor Class – this class will be assigned to all Employees setup for Expenses
Go To Purchasing >> Setup >> Vendor Class
This will Open the Vendor Class Setup Window
Create a Class ID called EMPEXP
Description – Employee Expenses
Currency ID – ZUS$
Payment Terms – Select the Terms that you have setup for your Employee Expenses
Checkbook ID – Select Checkbook you have setup and will pay the Employee Expenses from
Click Accounts – This will open the Vendor Class Accounts Setup Window
Complete with the necessary Accounts for Employee Expenses. These Accounts may be changed at the time of Entering the Expenses for the Employee.
Click OK – this returns you to the Vendor Class Setup Window.
Step Two – Create the Employees as Vendors
Go To Purchasing >> Cards >> Vendor This Opens the Vendor Setup Window
Vendor ID – Enter ID based on a Naming Convention that has been previously determined.
Ex – EE-00001
Name – Enter Employee Name
Check Name – Enter if Different from Employee Name – otherwise accept Default entry
Class ID – Select EMPEXP (the Employee Expense Class Created Above). Values Entered when the EMPEXP Class was created will be entered in the Vendor Card.
Address ID – Enter PRIMARY – this will roll down to Purchases/Remit To/Ship From
Address – Enter Employee’s Mailing Address Information
Phone – Enter Employee’s Phone Number (if available)
Click on the Options Button – This Opens the Vendor Maintenance Options Window
Please note that the Window is populated with the Information entered in the EXPEMP Vendor Class Setup Window. Change / Add any information necessary. Click OK when finished. This will return you to the Vendor Maintenance Window.
Click the Address Button
This Opens the Vendor Address Maintenance Window. This window is Auto-Populated with the Address Information previously entered.
Click EFT Bank Button. This Opens the Vendor EFT Bank Information Window.
For Bank Country / Region click the Drop Down and Select United States. This opens up the rest of the fields.
Enter the Following Information:
1) Bank Name – Enter Information received from Employee
2) Transit Routing Number – Enter Information received from Employee (If you enter an incorrect Routing Number – you will receive an error message)
3) Bank Account Number – Enter Information received from Employee
4) IBAN – (leave blank unless told by Bank what information to put in this field)
5) Bank Branch – (leave blank unless told by Bank what information to put in this field)
6) Account Type – Checking / Saving / General Ledger / Loan – Normally you would select Checking / Savings
7) File Transfer Method – Personal Account
8) Currency ID – Auto-Populated from Vendor Setup
9) Bank Code – (this is the fractional code of the bank – 65-270/550) – Enter Information received from Employee
10) Bank Branch Code – (leave blank unless told by Bank what information to put in this field)
11) Bank Check Digit – (leave blank unless told by Bank what information to put in this field)
12) Termination Date – leave blank unless Employee is Terminated
13) Date PreNote Sent – Auto-Populated when PreNote File is Sent to the Bank
When done – Click OK – This Closes the Vendor EFT Bank Maintenance Window.
Click Save to Close the Vendor Address Maintenance Window.
Click Save to Close the Vendor Maintenance Window.
Repeat for each Employee that needs to be setup as a Vendor.
Tricia Chase | Senior Business Software Consultant
As a Senior Business Consultant, Tricia has performed various roles for customers including conducting design sessions, integrating data, training GP and 3rd Party modules, troubleshooting data issues, and acting as interim controller. Tricia has over 20 years of experience as an accountant and over 15 years of experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP usually working with the Accounting / Finance Teams or the HR / Payroll Teams. Prior to KTL, Tricia worked for various partners and as an Independent Consultant. She has worked with various industries including: Construction, Trucking, Health Care, and State Government. Tricia holds a B.S. in Accounting from St. Mary of the Plains College in Dodge City, Kansas.