Year-end payroll tax updates are here from Microsoft. Before you close out your year make sure you update your system for the end of the year tax changes for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013, 2010, and Dynamics SL.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and 2010
Update 1 to Dynamics GP
Changes have been made to the following tax tabels:
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
The Last Tax Table Update Date and the Last Tax Code Update Date can be found at Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | System | Payroll Tax.
Update 2 (Scheduled Mid-Late January)
The next U.S. Payroll tax update is round 2 scheduled to release mid-January 2014. The following have changes in the U.S. Payroll round 2 tax update:
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
Microsoft Dynamics SL
You can download and import the modified tax tables or manually update your tax tables and deductions using the instructions included in each section listed under “Revisions Covered in this Document.” Also note the effective dates included in this section.
Besides the revisions covered in this document, the tax updates file includes all other current state and federal tables. Depending on your release of Microsoft Dynamics SL, you may be prompted to select the tables you want to import. You can import federal and state tables individually, depending on your specific needs.
Deductions must be attached to a work location and earnings type to calculate.
Revisions Covered in this Document:
- Federal – Effective January 1, 2014
- California – Effective January 1, 2014
- Connecticut – Effective January 1, 2014
- Delaware – Effective January 1, 2014
- Kansas – Effective January 1, 2014
- Kentucky – Effective January 1, 2014
- Rhode Island – Effective January 1, 2014
- Maine – Effective January 1, 2014
- Maryland – Effective January 1, 2014
- Minnesota – Effective January 1, 2014
- New Mexico – Effective January 1, 2014
- New York – Effective January 1, 2014
- North Carolina – Effective January 1, 2014
- The tax updates file, starting with the January 2013 tax updates, includes the Deduction Types (02.710.00) and the Payroll Tables (02.720.00) reports, generated from the Microsoft Dynamics SL demo database after the tax updates have been imported. Compare the 02710.pdf and 02720.pdf report files to your Deduction Types (02.710.00) and Payroll Tables (02.720.00) reports to ensure your deductions and payroll tax tables are setup properly.
- It is not always possible to precisely duplicate a state tax formula. Therefore, calculated tax results should be regarded as estimates only. We strongly recommend that you review all
To download this update click here.