- First you have to create the new company. To create the new company, navigate to System>Management>Manage>Companies
- Click the + sign to add the new company, the system will generate a new Company ID
- In the Login Name field type the name of the new company
- Hit the Save button and the system will go through the process of creating the new company.
- Once the new company is created the system will automatically log you out of the existing company and back to the login screen for the new company.
- When you log in to the newly created company, you will be taken to the Enable/Disable Features screen by default. Click the Enable button which will initialize the features of the newly created company.
- Next we will create the snapshot of the company that we want to restore to the newly created company. In the upper right hand corner click to select to log in to the original company.
- Navigate to System>Management>Manage>Companies. Then click on Create Snapshot.
- The create snapshot box will open. Give this snapshot a description and click OK to create the snapshot. Also click on the Prepare Data for Export checkbox. The system will create the snapshot for export.
- Once the snapshot is created highlight it and click the Export Snapshot button. Save the file I have my files set to automatically save to “my downloads” folder.
- Now we are going to restore the newly created snapshot to the new company. Click on the upper right hand corner to switch to the new company. You will be logged into the new company and taken to the Manage Companies screen of the new company.
- Click on the Import Snapshot button and then Browse to find the file to import. Select the file and then click Upload button and the file will be imported into the application.
- Once imported, the file will appear in the list in the lower grid. Highlight the file and at the top of the page click Restore Snapshot and then OK. The system will restore the snapshot from the original company to the newly created company creating an exact copy of the original company. You will see a green checkmark when the restore is complete.
BRETT MARTIN | Business Software Consultant
Brett has over 15 years of experience in accounting holding positions of Controller, Assistant Controller, and Accounting Manager in various industries including federal government contracting, not for profit bio-tech, real estate, motion picture distribution, and motion picture production. In addition, Brett has 10 years of experience implementing accounting systems such as Acumatica, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, JAMIS Prime ERP, JAMIS Financials, Deltek Costpoint, and Deltek GCS Premier. Prior to KTL, he worked as a Senior Business Consultant for JAMIS Software Corporation implementing JAMIS Prime ERP and JAMIS Financials. Brett has studied accounting and computer information systems at Morehouse and Montgomery Colleges.