During a recent CRMUG presentation for the Washington, DC on Power BI, the audience liked the helpful resource links I provided at the end of my presentation. To build on that feedback, I thought I would expand my list of links and post it for all to view. I have broken my links into the following categories:
- Power BI Training – General Power BI training to get you up to speed.
- DAX Training & Resource – DAX is the formula language used in Power BI to create calculated columns and measures. This is a good knowledge base to have when creating your visuals.
- Dashboard Design Tips & Color Theme Generator – Blog posts to help you create compelling and user-friendly dashboards and reports.
- Power BI Blogs – General knowledge blogs about Power BI or business intelligence.
- Power BI Security – Links to Security, Row Level Security, and Dynamic Row Level Security.
- Power BI with CRM On-Premise – A How-To blog post on adding your Power BI visual into CRM On-Premise.
- Power BI with Dynamics GP – A How-To blog post on creating Power BI visuals with Dynamics GP data.
Power BI Training
DAX Training & Resources
Dashboard Design Tip & Color Theme Generator
Power BI Blogs
Power BI Security
- Row Level Security
- Dynamic Row Level Security
Power BI with Dynamics GP
I hope this helps you create some stunning visuals for your organization. Please contact KTL Solutions, a Frederick-based partner, to kick start your organization into becoming data driven by exploring your Business Intelligence, BI360, Power BI, Microsoft Dynamics GP, and CRM needs.
BARRY CROWELL, MBA | BI/EDW Solution Architect
Barry is a Microsoft SQL Certified Professional with a strong knowledge of the Microsoft’s BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and Power BI). He has architected, developed and deployed clients’ Business Intelligence needs using Microsoft’s BI Stack and/or Solver’s BI360. His solutions have included SSIS ETL tools, SSRS reports and dashboards, Excel dashboards, Power BI reports and dashboards, and SSAS cubes. He has performed implementations as the lead consultant and/or end-user project manager. Barry has over 20 years of experience working in accounting and the Microsoft Dynamics GP industry, and in various industries such as housing authorities, universities, Tribal governments, and casino hospitality. He possesses a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Business Administration from Black Hills State University and a Master’s in Business Administration from La Salle University. Barry’s experience in both the IT consultant field and experience as an accountant gives him the ability to understand the issues from both the IT and Finance prospective, and provide a solution that fits the needs for all parties involved.