I was recently attempting to integrate Purchase Orders into a GP 2016 RTM environment with Binary Stream Multi-Entity Management enabled, and I was continually running into an error on all documents:
“Entity ID is not valid.”
It should be noted that this was an eConnect integration within Integration Manager. After trying several solutions, I looped in a senior colleague to take a look at the integration with me – sometimes, two heads are better than one. We ensured that GP was able to successfully pull up and sign into each entity with the sa user, and verified the User Entity Setup was correct. Everything that we could find appeared to be set up correctly.
One thing that should be noted (and this is not necessarily a bad thing, just something to know) is that certain products from ISVs modify the default stored procedures of Dynamics GP to make their products work in the way they were intended. This is the case with Multi-Entity Management. Because of this, oftentimes a case will need to be opened with the ISV prior to going to Microsoft, as Microsoft is unable to support anything stemming from ISV software. One relatively easy way to verify whether it is in fact a third-party product causing the issue is to remove all third-parties from the Dynamics.set file, as per this KB article.
In this instance, we tested and were able to verify that it was indeed the Multi-Entity Management product causing the issue. We eventually ended up opening a case with Binary Stream to troubleshoot the problem. We troubleshot via a number of different avenues, including logging the integration to see where it was failing out and dropping and recreating the Binary Stream Stored Procedures. After a few support calls, we were able to work with Binary Stream to modify the eConnect script to not run when called from Integration Manager and also install the MEM Integration Manager scripts.
The modifications made were not something that normally comes configured with Multi-Entity Management, so the software engineer with whom we’d worked over at Binary Stream indicated they would likely be including this in a future version of MEM. If you’re running into this issue on your current environment, I would encourage you to contact Binary Stream to obtain a copy of the modified scripting. If you have any further questions on troubleshooting this or similar errors, I’d be happy to discuss further – I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.