You can use the Sales Transaction Entry window to enter and print orders for your customers and to view, void, delete, or transfer existing orders.
To enter a sales order:
1. In the file menu, click Transactions—Sales—Sales Transaction Entry.
2. In the Type/TypeID, choose Order.
3. Enter or select the ID of the type of order to enter, for example STDORD.
4. Enter a document number or accept the default entry.
5. Create a Batch ID.
6. Enter or select a customer ID and enter the purchase order number if the customer has provided you with one. The purchase order number will appear on the order.
7. Enter the document date. The date you enter will be used to update your sales records. To enter a requested ship date, choose the Date expansion button.
8. Enter or select a Batch ID. Orders must be saved in a batch and will remain there until you void, delete, or transfer them to another document.
9. Enter or select the Site ID from which the items on the order will be sold. The site ID is used to allocate items from inventory and might be used to calculate taxes.
10. Enter or select a Currency ID. If the customer record has a currency ID assigned to it, the customer’s currency ID will appear as the default entry.
11. Enter or select item numbers, units of measure, and item quantities for the order. To view additional lines of information for each item, choose the hide and show button next to the Extended Price prompt.
To remove an item from the order, select the item and choose Edit >> Delete Row.
12. If you’re using extended pricing and a promotion exists for the item you entered, the Promotion Alert window will open, where you can select whether to apply the promotion to the line. If you accept a free item promotion, the free item will be added to the order automatically.
13. Taxes will be calculated automatically as you enter items and changes made to the tax details will be transferred to the new document if the document is transferred in full.
14. If the customer makes a deposit or payment on the order, enter the amount in the Amount Received field.
15. To add a comment on the order, enter the comment ID or a one-time comment.
16. Enter the trade discount, freight, miscellaneous, and tax amounts for the order.
17. Choose Holds, User-Defined or Commissions to enter additional information about the order. If a hold has been assigned to the order, a stop icon will appear on the Hold button.
18. To print the order or send the order in e-mail, choose File >> Print. You also can print the order by choosing the printer button or send the order in e-mail by choosing the Send in e-mail button in the upper right of the Sales Transaction Entry window.
19. Save the order.