The most requested fix in the last four iterations of Dynamics CRM has been to resolve the fading field labels on the web User Interface. Finally, the fix is here with the Dynamics 365 July update! There’s more. It’s not just a fix for that issue, but an overhaul of the web interface. Microsoft is introducing a new web interface for Dynamics 365 called Unified Interface. The new web interface will be introduced first with the Business Edition apps and to the Dynamics 365 mobile app. It will eventually come to the Dynamics 365 Enterprise apps as well (since they both exist in the same Dynamics xRM framework.)
The new Unified Interface looks awesome.
Vs. the refresh UI in the Enterprise app for the July 2017 update.
The refreshed UI for the Enterprise edition is a welcome change, but the Business edition Unified interface looks promising. Besides the overall look and feel, the other highlights of the UX/UI changes are:
- Removal of unneeded whitespace – now you can fully utilize the UI real estate and not have the blank spots on your entity forms
- More color and theme options for elements on the form
- Left navigation for some aspects of the application (Example: the MRU list could be docked on the left navigation.)
- Vector Image web resources – now you won’t have to upload images of different sizes, one image could be used across the system.
- Multi-select option sets – This has been asked upon the Dynamics community for the last several years, and I am excited to see it being answered. I have yet to see how it will be stored in the database but will be sure to update.
The July 2017 update of Dynamics 365 is going to be a massive update, and with the changes and foundation laid down, it will help build Dynamics 365 as a strong platform.
Look out for my updates as I get my hands on a preview version and after that. In the meantime, you can reach out to KTL Solutions for more information on this update by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 301-360-0001.
DAVE VORA | Senior Business Software Consultant/ CRM Lead
Dave is responsible for leading KTL’s CRM consultants, assuring that our solution scoping, architecting and delivery meet and exceed customer expectations. Dave has built lasting relationships with clients by understanding their business needs and providing value by leveraging their existing resources. Along with his consulting team, he has delivered effective solutions beyond traditional CRM constraints. Dave has more than eight years of experience in implementing business software for a variety of industries, including service, government, distribution, not-for-profit and manufacturing. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science and also a specialization in Management from University of California at Irvine. His experience includes helping companies embrace technology to fulfill their organizational needs and creating innovative solutions using CRM, GP, Scribe and other Microsoft products.