CustomerSource is a Microsoft sponsored page that Dynamics users all have access to. On the CustomerSource page, you can access information on all Microsoft Products. It’s a great place to go to and see what is coming out and available for your company.
How to you log in and use CustomerSource:
- Go to the web page.
- You will need a login. Your Microsoft partner can set you up with this. You need to contact them and let them know what you are trying to do.
- Once you have logged in you can go to the products page and select the product that you use. Better yet, once in, you can also check out products that you may be interested in as well.
Once logged in, there are different options:
- Downloads: Gives you the ability to download service packs, product releases, and/or tax updates to the product that you selected. You can download from here and get the documentation and instructions.
- Learning: This is the most popular tab on the products page as it allows you to have access to learning materials for the product. Below is a list of what is available and the definition of what they are:
- Fact Sheets: Documents with news and information on updates for the product
- Documentation: This is where How to articles, Installation and setup guides as well as system requirement and user guides are stored.
- E-Learning: This is a site that takes you to classroom videos for learning
- Student Training Materials: This is where the Manuals are stored for the different modules
- How to videos: These are videos created by Microsoft staff on different topics.
- User Groups: Connects you to your Local GPUG site as well as event information
- This is where you can get all the news and events on the product selected or all products and events offered by Microsoft.
- Visit Microsoft Community:
- This takes you to the Dynamics community where you can read thru blogs and posts on the Microsoft products. There is a lot that can be done on the community tab.
- Community Forums: This is where you can read and comment on any forum posts.
- Support Lifecycle: Here is where you can see the support lifecycle of Microsoft products.
- Product Feedback: If you have anything that you would like to see in a future version, this is where you can make suggestions to Microsoft.
- New Technical Support Requests: If your enhancement plan comes with Microsoft support this is where you can enter a support request to have a Microsoft rep look at your issue.
- Knowledge Base: This is where you can go to search any issues you are having with your product. If you have received an error message or have a question about how something is to be done, you can use the search under ‘Knowledge Base’ and see if there are any articles that are related to your question.
CustomerSource is a great resource for all Microsoft users. If you have questions or are a KTL Solutions client and have not set up your account for CustomerSource, contact us today!
COLLEEN WILLIAMS | COO/ Consultant Lead
Colleen graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting from California State University San Bernardino. She has extensive accounting experience over the past years working as a staff accountant and controller. Colleen has over 10 years Great Plains experience and over 6 years of working with BI360, which includes many implementations for public and private companies. She also has extensive experience with Business Intelligence, budgeting and report writing while working on BI360, QuickBooks, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Timberline and Solomon. Colleen has worked in various industries that include: real estate, property management, timeshare sales, publishing, and insurance. These various industries have given her the necessary experience to handle large company consolidations and report writing, budgeting and forecasting, project accounting, sales invoice processing, and fixed assets.