Many users of Dynamics GP are learning that the best way to get information from GP is thru using a SmartList. When you open the SmartList menu, you see of the left of all the GP modules. You can open this folder and see the subfolder, and within each of these subfolders there are default SmartList reports that come with GP. These reports are marked with a * at the end of the name. Any user can take an existing SmartList and modify it. Here are some easy steps to follow to create and customize SmartLists, including setting it up a reminder.
1. Select a default report that contains the majority of the information that you are looking for.
2. With the report open, go to the menu bar and select the column.
a. This list is all the possible fields you can add to your SmartList.
b. Select any of the fields you want to add to your list.
c. Once you have selected the fields you want to add, you can position the columns by moving them up and down.
d. Select OK.
e. Select refresh and you will see your new SmartList.
4. When you save a SmartList as a favorite, you have some options.
a. You can rename the SmartLists.
- You have options on who can see the SmartList.
- Just you the creator
- Just the users with access to the company you created it in
- Just the users in your user class
b. You have the option to add a reminder to the SmartList.
- What does this do?
- If your SmartList is pulling transactions, you can set a reminder if the # of transactions are greater than one.
- When you set a reminder, the SmartList will show on your user homepage when there are transactions.
5. The last option you have is to use the Search from the top menu which you can use to narrow down your SmartList
a. Select Search from the main menu.
b. Once you have selected Search, you now have the ability to filter on all the columns on your SmartList
c. Once you have applied your filters, you select OK.
Will all the above modifications, you have just created a custom SmartList that you or any GP user can run and export directly into Excel at any time.
|COLLEEN WILLIAMS |COO, Consultant Lead
Colleen graduated with a Bachelors of Science Degree in Accounting from California State University San Bernardino. She has extensive accounting experience over the past years working as staff accounting and controller. Colleen has over 10 years Great Plains experience which includes many implementations for private companies. She also has extensive experience with Business Intelligence, budgeting and report writing while working on BI360, QuickBooks, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Timberline and Solomon. Colleen has worked in various industries that include: real estate, property management, timeshare sales, publishing and insurance. These various industries have given her the necessary experience to handle large company consolidations and report writing, budgeting and forecasting, project accounting, sales invoice processing, and fixed assets.