The first question to ask is what do you mean by integrate data into your ERP? When I say integrate data into your ERP what I am talking about is taking out the step of manual entry of transactions to loading large batches at once. There are multiple ways to integrate data into your ERP software and you can integrate all types of data.
In this blog, I wanted to address the variety of factors that may lead to your Checkbook balance and General Ledger Balance differing. Some vital information that should be collected to evaluate why the balances are different are:
- What is the difference between the General Ledger Cash Account and the Checkbook balance?
- When did the balances between the General Ledger and the Checkbook last match?
- Are there any un-posted General Ledger batches?
- Are there any Cash Receipts not deposited?
- What are the results from the Reconcile to GL function in GP: Microsoft Dynamics GP – Tools – Routines – Financial – Reconcile to GL
If you are involved in the Microsoft Dynamics world, in any capacity, chances are you have heard the latest buzzword “web client” quite a bit as of late. However, there are three key factors everyone should know about the web client before you call your VAR and tell them you are ready.
Acumatica is one of the new solutions in the game and the fastest growing Cloud ERP in the world. They were incorporated in 2008 and started by ex-Microsoft Dynamics executives. The goal being to improve on all that is wrong with MSFT systems. MSFT accounting is good for what it is, but it has a hard time doing what people need to do with computing today. The point of this is not to bash MSFT, but point out where Acumatica is: years ahead in technology; just like your Mac Book is to the IBM 650.