In this blog, I wanted to address the variety of factors that may lead to your Checkbook balance and General Ledger Balance differing. Some vital information that should be collected to evaluate why the balances are different are:
- What is the difference between the General Ledger Cash Account and the Checkbook balance?
- When did the balances between the General Ledger and the Checkbook last match?
- Are there any un-posted General Ledger batches?
- Are there any Cash Receipts not deposited?
- What are the results from the Reconcile to GL function in GP: Microsoft Dynamics GP – Tools – Routines – Financial – Reconcile to GL